Saturday, June 12, 2010

Admission

Ted's still unaccounted for. It's been over a day now, and absolutely no one knows where he is. I've gotten in touch with everyone I know he might stay with, and not a single friend has heard from him since yesterday morning when Simon watched him leave. While it's perfectly normal for Ted to wander off, it's normally to be with someone he knows and he tends to stay in contact with someone.

If I don't hear from him by tomorrow morning, I'm getting the police involved. This isn't like Ted. He's usually quite reliable, in an unreliable sort of way. I'm truly worried about this. Where I live... Let's just say our region isn't well known for its tolerance of people with Ted's orientation.

So, with all these events going on, I feel like should clear the air for just a moment on the whole stalker business.

It was fake.

It technically didn't start out that way, but that's what it ended up being. Ted decided to pull a very elaborate prank on me, getting Simon to both write up the "For when you face the faceless" note, and paint the ToTheArk mask. Not only that, but the pair were working on a Slender Man costume for the coup de grace.

However, when Ted saw my reaction to the phone call, he fessed up to it. To say I was relieved is an understatement. I still made sure to give him a few bruises for messing with me that much, but it was better than the alternative.

But, the thing is, the prank was getting me Slender Man fan traffic - far more than what Watch This City Burn has had so far. So we decided to roll with it, building the whole thing up as a sort of trailer and proof of concept for what I wanted to do over on WTCB. I figured if I could get fans interested here, show them I had resources and some level of ability at storytelling, I could then redirect them to Watch This City Burn to write the tale I wanted to and then return this blog to its "personal" format.

And now Ted's gone and disappeared on me, in the middle of Bigot Town, USA. I'm going to kill him when he gets home...

2 comments:

  1. Wow.

    I feel gullible now. I havent even read WTCB. I was rooting for you not to be hrt. I got suckered in. Im still rooting for you. I know im coming in late, but im hoping your still alive/sane out there.\

    OH well. As Everyman proved, Slendy doesnt like being lied about.

    ReplyDelete